A Holistic Physical Therapy Approach to Injury Prevention, Recovery and Performance
Profunctional Running is a private 1-on-1 outpatient clinic aimed at treating you, the person, as a whole. While many physical therapy clinics typically isolate an individual joint or body part, we will create an individualized plan geared toward finding the missing link in your rehab, injury prevention, or performance enhancement program.
I tried several physical therapy options to address my chronic achilles issue with no progress. After 3 sessions with Profunctional Running, I was jumping with no pain and shortly after I was running for the first time in over a year!
Every person has their own unique situation, story, and goals. Within our extensive 50 minute sessions, we will customize an individualized plan based on what you need as the person.
We're a community of like-minded, goal-oriented athletes ourselves, and we believe recovery works best when patients feel comfortable and cared for.
What do we treat?
While we are more interested in the person as a whole vs. the injury itself, we commonly see the following conditions:
What to Expect at Your Profunctional Running Appointment
- Comprehensive physical therapy evaluation to assess your injury. cause(s) or identify and prevent future injuries
- Video analysis of running gait and biomechanics to identify any potential asymmetries, inefficiencies, or contributors to injury.
- Running-specific muscle imbalance assessment; includes mobility and strength testing.
- Footwear analysis and recommendations; analysis of foot structure and mechanics.
- Running-specific treatment plan to heal your injury, improve performance and enhance strength, flexibility and minimize risk of re-injury.
- Manual Therapy, Mobilization/Manipulation are used to address tightness, pain and aid in recovery.
- Please wear shirt and shorts that are contrasting colors during analysis. Wear clothes that you would normally wear running.
- Please bring your current running shoes and most recent past pair of running shoes, if you still have them.